Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reader Ride. Probably THE Nicest Custom GS1000S On The Planet.

Shannon Hayes Writes in.


Here are some pics of my GS1000S project bike, The guys at Yoshimura put it on there web site under fan photos, so I was thinking you guys might like to see it? I put it together from a 1979 GS1000 and lots of bits from my friends atSteel's Cycle Salvage, the forks, swingarm, wheels, and brakes came from a GSF1200, and oil cooler, levers, and foot pegs from a GSX-R 750. The motorand amazing carb conversion was done buy Eddie at Sisneros Speed Works, the carbs are from a late model FZ1 and the motor has a Wiseco big bore kit. The paint and body work was done by DJ at Str8 Customs. I did the extensive fabrication work myself, but with out my friends It would not have been possible. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and story. 

That's just... damm.. I'm just speechless.  Thanks VERY much for the pics including yesterdays CB750 Cafe and tomorrow's X-Strom

No comments:

Post a Comment