Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reader Ride! Cool And Affordable Urban Assault Yamaha!

I always loved the styling of the 78 RD400 (the best looking model IMHO. Ii occured to me years later that it was at least partly derived from the earlier XS360. Reader Andrew McQuade did a great job of blending those good looks into a low cost but very cool (and beautifully photographed by the way) urban assault bike.

Andrew writes in:

Howdy! My name is Andrew and I would like you to check out my 1977 Yamaha XS360 2D. it has 13,300 original miles. I use the bike daily to commute around Atlanta, Ga. The seating position and the torque from the 360cc parallel twin is great. Ive mounted Shinko 705 dual sport tires and they are excellent on the terrible streets around here. They are not only decent and inexpensive but also offer great traction for going off road to avoid traffic jams or just exploring gravel roads.

The bike breathes through dual CV Mikunis and stock mufflers and features a paint scheme similar to the Daytona Yamahas. Also, here is a quick video I made with my Go-Pro helmet cam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAd9ssSz2kE
The photos were shot at the old Murray Mill in west midtown, Atlanta.

Keep up the great blog!
-Andrew McQuade


More proof that you don't need big bucks to have a really cool ride.
Great Stuff Andrew! Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment