Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reader Ride, Stunner of a big bore CB Cafe.

Looks like it's leaning towards the Honda's this week!  Chris from Seattle sends in this beauty of build.

He Writes:

Good Morning,

First off I love your site and love to see what the new bike of the day is. With that said I live in Seattle and am a member of a vintage motorcycle club called the Knuckle Busters http://kbmcseattle.com/  the love of old bikes and working on them brings us all together. Were a fairly new club but we are coming on strong.
This 1975 CB750F was my first complete frame up with every nut, bolt, and what not completely restored or replaced. The basis for my bike was that old hot rod look.
A few points of interest on the bike are

Wheels, frame brackets powder coated
All engine covers, chromed
Flat black paint with hand laid pin stripes
Stainless spokes, With Avon road riders
NOS gauges and controls
Custom seat pan using stock rear cowl
Nitrogen reservoir rear shocks and progressive springs up front
Drilled disc’s front and back
New seals on brakes and shocks
Fiberglass front fender and bar end signals
849cc big bore with stage three cam
Ported and polished
All engine internals heavy duty i.e., springs, studs, retainers, clutch
Solid state regulator/ rectifier
Dyna ignition and coils
Chrome 4 into 1 exhaust

This set up pulls like a train and I’ve since have had to retool the seat to keep me from sliding back too far.  
I loved this bike so much I built another that I’ll have to send you. I have two more on deck as well.

I hope you like it. I know I’d love to see it on your page


Chris Sharon
Knuckle Busters MC
Seattle Wa

 First full restoration! Damm that's what I'd call a successful effort!  Thanks for sharing!










No comments:

Post a Comment