Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reader Submittal. A really Great Home Grown Honda Bobber!

I saw the pics of the finished bike over on ADV Rider and knew there had to be a good story behind such a cool build. So I pm'd the owner to see if he's be interested in sharing a few details and I was not disappointed!. Thank You John! There's a lot of personal touches and one-off parts in this one. It's obvious that you've put some time into it. Thanks Again!

John Writes in:

Hey Steve,
I would be happy to share some info on the bobber I posted on advrider.  It started out as a 1974 CB750 which was hardtailed and tranformed into the bike you saw.  I have been working on it for 2 years it is almost done. I just need to finish dialing in the carbs.  It has been a pain since I use straight pipes and a open air intake.  Everything on the bike that is custom I built.  I do my own powder coating, except for frames since my oven is not that big.  I tryed to go with a minimalistic, clean, old school approach.  I am happy you like it.  If you have any other questions or want to see any other pics (I have a ton) let me know.
John




Here's the Before and Build pics. That's quite a save!



No comments:

Post a Comment